Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What You Don't See

"Hello, my name is Sandy, and I'm a Pinterest addict..." No. Really. My niece is an addiction counselor, and she'll get mad at me for saying it, but I actually go into physical withdrawl if I don't check Pinterest at least 5 times a day. There are SOOO many great ideas that I can tweak to make my own, or at the very least copy down to the last detail.  

If you check out my "Project List" tab, you'll find a list of items I'm working on. I have completed many of them. But I am also sneaking little things onto the list. They are not going up just yet, because my wonderful husband is coming home from Afghanistan soon, and I want to give him SOMETHING of a surprise. Some things turned out really cute. Others did not.  

But the main point of my Pinterest addiction is that I am using it to make the most of my time, to be productive, and to keep from getting into trouble. Which happened recently. I started following a FaceBook page about military spouses, and ended up in the middle of turmoil that I should have seen coming. I took it personal, and I let someone rob me of my happiness. When a craft is attempted, it's not robbing you of happiness, it's teaching you a lesson about patience and following directions. When a human being hurts you with words, you find yourself dredging up all the demons of people who said mean things to you in elementary school, or the bully who beat you up in high school. All that negativity is stirred up, mingled with the hurtful words, and sauteed with  self doubt with a heavy dose of self pity.  What you get is the normal person's version of The Real Housewives of New Jersey! Yuck.

So, I'm going to stick to my crafts and my DIY and my projects.  Every post on Facebook will involve happy thoughts, rainbows, and sparkly rainbows... ok maybe not!  But I will be positive. And I promise I won't tell anybody to "Bite Me", even if they SEVERELY deserve it.  Now, let me get back to making curtains out of incredibly beautiful and inexpensive fabric!

Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/add-a-pin-it-button-to-your-posts.html#ixzz1p8cX7pFF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I consider all comments as part of the learning experiene!